Asheboro/Randolph Chamber of Commerce
Application Close Date: November 30, 2023
The Asheboro/Randolph Chamber of Commerce is located in Asheboro, NC, named an All-America City by the National Civic League and a Great Main Street award recipient. It is a welcoming community centrally located in the state, home to approximately 28,000 citizens and the NC Zoo, and approximately 70 miles from Raleigh, Charlotte to the south, and half an hour from the Piedmont Triad area of Greensboro, High Point, and Winston-Salem. Asheboro is the county seat for Randolph County, which has approximately 144,000 residents.
We're not your average Chamber of Commerce; the Asheboro/Randolph Chamber has 800 vibrant and engaged members, and we're proud to be one of the largest Chambers in the Piedmont-Triad. We are financially stable, and, with our centennial anniversary on the horizon in 2026, we're more than ready to set sail into our next century.
Randolph County is positioned for incredible growth and change - due to our existing business community, the work of countless people over many years coming to fruition, and the addition of three megasites within close proximity, the Asheboro/Randolph Chamber of Commerce and its next President will be a critical player in this growth and change in the community.
What’s in it for you?
- Limitless Potential: Join a Chamber that's already leading the pack and take us to even greater heights.
- Legacy-Building: As we approach our 100-year milestone, be part of shaping our legacy for the next century.
- Innovation: Work with forward-thinking members, a dedicated team, and a community that's ready for your fresh ideas.
The Asheboro/Randolph Chamber of Commerce is seeking a president who will build a dynamic and progressive Chamber that will expand on and initiate programs and services that will support the needs of an evolving community. The following skills and characteristics are required:
- Innovative thinker
- Diplomatic and politically savvy
- Communications: verbal, written and listening skills. Ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated success in fundraising
- Ability to gather and broker information to build consensus
- Financial/management/business experience
- Track record of measurable outcome success
- Leadership skills including previous experience in garnering and motivating volunteers
- Flexible schedule
Salary range: $75,000 and up; salary will be commensurate with experience. In addition to salary, a robust benefits package including retirement, vacation and flexible work schedule, and insurance is provided.
Please forward your resume and cover letter by November 30, 2023 to the 2023 Asheboro/Randolph Chamber Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org