Communications Specialist - Randolph Electric Membership Corporation in Asheboro, NC
The Company: Randolph Electric Membership Corporation was established in 1938. We are a distribution electric cooperative in the heart of North Carolina with more than 31,500 members spread out over more than 4,300 miles of line in areas of Randolph, Moore, Montgomery, Chatham and Alamance counties. Randolph EMC is dedicated to the delivery of energy and superior services in response to the needs of our members and communities.
The Location: Asheboro is centrally located and less than an hour's drive to Greensboro, High Point, Winston-Salem, and more. Then a little over an hour's drive to Charlotte and Raleigh. Asheboro gives that hometown feels while providing the amenities of a big city.
The Position: We're looking for a Communication Specialist. The information below is not inclusive, so please refer to the job description for full details.
- Bachelor's degree in mass communications, journalism, marketing, public relations, or related field
- 1 to 2 years of related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications, plus able to proficiently edit communications
- Assist with planning and execution of REMC events (i.e. - Member Appreciation Month, National Drive Electric Week, Employee Appreciation Day, annual meeting for members, golf tournament for relay for life, toys for tots drive, etc.)
- Coordinates communication messaging to members or public through email, social media, website, articles, video, etc.
- Assist in content development and distribution of monthly internal focused newsletter
- Provide communication support for all marketing, energy services and government relations efforts, plus other REMC departments' needs
- Prepares and coordinates with the Communications and Public Affairs Manager news releases to the local media concerning the Cooperatives' rural economic development efforts.
Applying: The position is open until filled. Go to https://www.randolphemc.com/careers then click the link.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets.